Saturday, February 7, 2015

Hurting

Yesterday I received a text from someone I thought I had a friendship. He told me that it was painful to talk with or text me. He said I should think of him as dead. He wanted me to cut off all communication. I told him that I respected him enough that I will do as he wishes, but if he ever needed me or wanted to talk, I would be there. He responded that he would never need me.

In the moment, I was hurt. I even shed a couple of tears. It made me very angry after I got over the initial shock. I realized that all this man has done is hurt me. He's been quite nasty to me at times but very sweet at other times. The ups and downs of our friendship were very rough for me, at one point, we were romantically involved. That part of our relationship ended and all we were left with were the friendship.

He has blamed me for all his failed romantic relationships. He claims I am the reason he acts the way he does. I am not the reason for his pain. If he has reconciled in his mind that I am the genesis of all the pain he has endured during his lifetime, that is not on me. I know that. I just wish he would realize I am not the true cause.

But, now I no longer have to endure his wrath. I hope that one day we are able to be friends again, but until then, I'll just have to hope that whatever the true demons living in him are able to be exorcised.

Then again...maybe I am a demon. Talk to me soon, xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment