Friday, June 18, 2010

Things to be miserable about?

Today, I was in a store and there were a few things in there that I thought were cute. They were a few things to stow here and there through the house. Just what I need, right? If you've been to my house, the answer is no. Although, I could use a few things to hang on the walls. They are a bit bare.

One thing I did find that I thought was interesting was a book (of course) that I had never heard of or seen. It was called 11,002 things to be miserable about. I thought to myself, surely this isn't really what this is about. So, I opened it up and glanced at a few pages. The first thing I saw listed was "men who beat women." The next thing on the page was "women who stay with men who beat them regularly." There is not any pre-text or explanation. Just a list of all these things that make the two authors miserable. It's just a paperback and if you look at the book pages all closed together, they make a sad face. It's kind of depressing.

One thing I thought funny to be listed was tripe. Have they ever even tried tripe? It is supposed to be an amazing delicacy in some parts of the world. It just makes me wonder if these people actually went and witnessed or experienced these things. Did they take a survey of a sample population? If so, where did they get this test group? Did they actually do this statistically or is this truly a work of what they assume they would be miserable if they had to partake.

Me, I have a few things to be miserable about right now. One, I really don't want to talk about, but if the person involved is reading this, he knows what I'm talking about! The second is the big old mess with my car and it's contents. I have the car portion solved, but not the contents. That's where it's getting a bit tricky. I know I really shouldn't be miserable about anything. There is nothing I am able to do about either of these events in my life, so I just have to turn it over and hope that whatever comes out of it is going to make me a better person.

I have seen several people post some version of this quote on their status. Basically it says that I shouldn't make someone a priority when they don't even make me a consideration. This is most definitely paraphrased, but I really need to get that through my thick skull! Maybe one day, I will be able to get all this behind me and move on. I guess I'm just having one of those weeks where I feel like Sally. I just have one question. Where's my Harry?

Talk to me soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment