Monday, September 8, 2014

What's a girl to do?

Boys. Men. Fellas. Whatever you want to call your guy, they're all lumped into the same category by being of the male persuasion. 

I'm well past the age that I should put up with things just to be with someone. But, I'm also at a stage in my life where I'm tired of being alone. Don't get me wrong. I don't want a husband. I don't want kids. No one over the age of 25 should call their significant other a boyfriend. To me, or just sounds juvenile. So, what is it that I want? A companion? A lover? A friend? All of the above? These are the burning questions floating through my brain today. 

Then there is the age old question of having a friend with benefits. Natalie, Ashton, Mila, JT and the myriad others do not give is a realistic perspective in their respective movies on this subject. The male protagonist in this real-life relationship is not going to fall in love with me. He's not going to know my favorite flower, or bring me a bouquet of carrots.  He's not going to be the Harry to my quirky Sally. We will not live happily ever after, as they want us to assume, since there are no sequels. And there truly is no Mr. Big. I digress, my apologies. 

Secretly, I'm hopeful if anyone is reading this, they don't know me. I prefer to remain anonymous. On the other hand, if you have a question, comment, snide remark, feel free to let me know your thoughts on the subject. I'd love to hear from you. 

Bonus points to you if you get my pop culture references. 

Talk to me soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment