Friday, January 9, 2015

Mistakes

Someone just called me the mistake of 2014. That hurt. I don't believe in mistakes. Everything happens for a reason. Now, we may not immediately see or know the reason. But, it doesn't make it any less valid. 

Yes, he is married. And yes, he is sleeping with a plethora of women. But seriously? A mistake. This man claims to love me, yet being intimate with me was a mistake. 

He says this because he no longer wants any type of romantic involvement with me. He only wants to be friends. My response? Great. Let's just be friends. He thinks I'm under some delusion that we will eventually get back to what we had. No, my friend, I. Am. Not. All we are is friends. And that's all we will ever be. 

He claims I text or call him too much. This is why he believes I still want to be with him. It makes me sad to think of where he is in life. His wife knows about the other women, and doesn't care. He feels as though I don't have the mental capacity to only be friends with him. I am a fully functioning adult. I know what it means to be friends with someone of the opposite sex without romance being involved. I have more male friends than female. 

He is also saying that my feelings aren't valid. Or true. Then, when I say this hurts me, he goes into attack mode again. I just don't understand. 

Friends. That's what we are. At least I think we are. I've never let any of my other friends speak to me the way he does. So why do I put up with it from him? I don't know. Maybe my new therapist will. 

What do you think? Talk to me soon. xx

P.S. For the record, I will allow myself to be anyone's mistake. 



No comments:

Post a Comment