Sunday, February 21, 2010

Holiday Spirit

Hello everyone! So, it's been quite a while since I have left a little bit of wisdom (ha) here for you to read. So, I thought I would drop by and say hello.

I hope you all had a great Christmas. I was able to see family and friends, as I hope you were. I had a great little reunion last week with some of my best friends from high school. There was a whole group of us that grew up together and we have mostly since parted ways. We still speak occasionally, but not enough. Anyway, I had dinner with three wonderful ladies last Friday night. It was awesome to sit there and catch up on their world.

Isn't it funny how life happens? When I was 16, I thought I would always be best friends with these girls. There were some transient members who came and went, but for the most part, there was always the core group. They were the best group of friends I could have ever asked for. But, like the song goes, "life is what happens while you're busy making other plans."

So, I guess the moral of today's lesson is that you should reach out to someone you haven't talked to in a while. If you don't know how to reach them, try the phone book. It's funny how most everyone's parents still live in the same place. Or, you just might find who you're looking for right there in the book.

Ok, I'm done. Ladies, you know who you are, thank you for an amazing night and I hope a rekindled friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment