Sunday, February 21, 2010

Wise words

I've just finished a conversation with a new friend (a live one, not on here) and I realized that I needed to tell you a few things. So, hold onto your seats, I'm in an odd mood now. Good, but odd. Have I told you lately that I love The Drive By Truckers?

Well, I know you're dying to know what's going on with the car. It's fixed. Apparently there was corrosion around the computer. I'm assuming this was from living on Puget Sound for a year with all the rain and salt water. I was warned that within 18 months, I would be replacing my breaks due to the rust and corrosion. But, I was only there 12 and I had to change my breaks a few months ago. But, of course I forgot about that until this happened and they were all baffled as to how this happened. It was quite pleasing to be able to have a cohesive answer for this to give to the car experts!

"It's really human of you to listen to all my bullshit." Anyone know what movie this came from, or who said it? Samantha Baker said it, but that's all you're getting out of me! I just wanted to say thanks for you reading my rants and raves, but I wanted to do it in an original way. But, I guess since these are someone else's words, it's not that original. But, it's better than thank you, right?!

Now, I have one final gripe that I need to get off my chest. Your is your. You're is you are. Why can't people figure this out? Are contractions not taught in the school system any more? At any point?! I went to my mailbox a few days ago and if you don't know where I live, then I'll explain. They're all in a little gazebo-type building at the front of my condominium complex. There's a little bulletin board for residents to post signs. Normally, I don't pay attention to them, I know, I'm a terrible neighbor. But, if you want me to know something, come tell me. Don't hang it up at the mailbox and expect me to read it. Anyway, the whole reason I'm writing this particular paragraph is because of what was on there a few days ago. There was a big sign with the following words. "Your welcome to come to our Vacation Bible School."

I kid you not. Now, you'd think that if one person made this, someone would have had to look over it, to edit or proofread. If not, someone made copies of this. Someone had to walk around (or drive) to the various locations to hang these. I cannot believe that the same person did all of those things. So, for that church, I feel sorry that they have these fliers up all over Halls. But, no one asked me and no one has yet to make me the spelling police. A girl can dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment