Sunday, February 21, 2010

Me, Nessy, Brownie and Pancakes, are we able to coexist?

Good Morning! I hope you are all doing well. Brownie and Pancakes you're asking yourself? Why just one Brownie and multiple Pancakes? Let me explain.

A bit of background information first. I live in a condo complex and there are at least 100 of them in there, so obviously I don't know most of my neighbors. Ok, so I only know like a handful of them. It's not my fault, I've only lived there 12 years!

Back to the Brownie/Pancakes conundrum. There is this really hot guy that lives on the street behind me. He sort of pops up from nowhere and disappears just as quickly. It's strange, but true. For this reason, I've decided he is like the Loch Ness Monster and to call him Nessy. I'll give you an example. Yesterday, I was standing in my laundry room and I saw his dog, a big chocolate Lab with a tennis ball in his mouth, standing in my front yard. I also named his dog and decided it was a girl. Her name is Brownie. How did I see the dog if I'm in my laundry room, you ask? Well, there are several windows in the front of my condo and it's just a single level. I know what you're thinking, surely there are curtains or blinds? Nope. You're wrong. I have neither covering up the windows or doors in my house. Again, I digress.

I went and threw on some shoes, threw a few things in a trash bag and hauled it outside to see this mystical creature. Of course, they were both gone. Keep in mind this was all in a minute, literally, since I saw them in my front yard. I assumed they were going to the common area up front to play with Brownie's ball. Since the trash compactor or box or whatever it's called, is up front too, I went up there. Nessy and Brownie had vanished into thin air.

I talked to the one neighbor that I do know and told her about my sighting. She too has seen Nessy and Brownie, but they appear and disappear as quickly as they can. I don't know where they go, it's a mystery to me.

Since Nessy and I are going to live happily ever after, is Brownie going to be able to coexist with my cat? Her name is Pancakes. She's big, white and fluffy. She has the most gorgeous blue eyes, they look like the Mediterranean, if she were a woman, I'd swear they were contacts! Last night, I took her on a test run outside to see how she'd cope if other animals were around. Lanie and Coco from down the street came over to help me out with this. Now, they are not the same size as Brownie, but I thought they'd be a good place to start, since they are dogs as well. I'm sad to say, they didn't like her. They barked and growled at her and she just stood there, like a lady with her grand posture and didn't even bat an eye. She made Mama so proud!

Did I mention that Pancakes is ceramic? So, I guess the big question is will we all be able to coexist? I guess you'll have to stay tuned and find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment