Sunday, February 21, 2010

I've got Xanax and I'm not afraid to use it!

If you're reading this, I'm assuming you're caught up on what happeded on Tuesday. If not, you need to read the "How I spent my Tuesday" blog first.

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, nothing happened. So, I assumed the battery fixed all the issues. Well, I was wrong. On Saturday, I went to work and when I got off at midnight, I went out to my car. It's lit up like the Fourth of July inside there again. The outside lights were not doing anything, they weren't on, or flashing, just the inside. Now, bear in mind that it's about 12:15 a.m. at this point and of course Scott and Mom are asleep. So, I just stand there for a bit and contemplate getting in and starting the thing. Even though I'm a baby and I was scared, I didn't want to bother anyone that late and so I just sucked it up and got in. Even though the outside lights were not on or flashing, I checked to see if the switch for them was on, it wasn't. So, when started the car thinking that everyone has a time to go and if that was mine, so be it. It wasn't. The car didn't blow up, it worked just fine and as soon as I started the car, the interior lights went out. I called Scott on Sunday on my way to work and asked him about this, he said he had no idea and that it sounded electrical and that maybe I needed to talk to Gary, a family friend and the head man at the body shop that I take all my cars after I have wrecked them. Yes, it happens a lot. This is my 13th car! Judge not, lest ye be judged! Only like one or two of them were my fault and those were in the beginning and didn't even really do a lot of damage. I did have one car Senior year of high school that I had like 10 or 12 wrecks in before it was finally totally demolished. The safe driver discount I see on my car insurance statement makes me giggle each time I see it!

Sorry, I tend to get off track! Back to the story, I know you are on the edge of your seat for what happens next.

Last night, I got off around 9. I went out to leave, I started walking to the car. Same thing happened. My car was putting on a light show for everyone to see. The only difference was that it was the exterior lights were flashing and going nuts. The interior lights were behaving themselves and staying off. So, at this point, I'm ready to give up on this car. I assumed it wasn't going to blow up, so I got in and checked the light switch, sure enough, it's off. The emergency lights button was off too, so that wasn't it.

I left work and called Gary. I was on my way home, got to my complex, drove in and as I was driving back to my street, the power steering went out. Luckily, I am on the end, and I only have about 8 feet or so of a front yard between the road and my dirveway. Now, I am a big girl, but apparently, I am not very strong. I was able to turn the wheel just enough to go into my driveway, but then I was not able to get it to straighten out So, I ran into the curb that lines my driveway. I was in my driveway, the car was almost completely out of the street and it was at an angle, so I just turned off the car. No, it did not dawn on my to put on the brake when I realized that I was not going to be able to turn into the driveway.

I got up this morning, went out to leave and it looked like a drunk had parked my car, but I had a solid excuse. I started the car, expecting it either to not work, blow up or lift off into the air at this point, really, it could do anything and it would not surprise me. It worked just like nothing had ever happened. So, that is the end of my story. appreciate it. Maybe I should learn all this myself. Know of anyplace a girl can take night classes on cars?

Well, that's For now...I'm sure there will be more.

No comments:

Post a Comment