Sunday, February 21, 2010

I'm such a wordsmith

Hello everyone out there! Now, some of you I already work with and you know who you are. I interviewed for a position about a month ago and I was told that I basically had the job, but the company was currently in a hiring freeze. Well, now I'm waiting in limbo. This job is going to be a lot better for me. I'm ready to get out of the place that I'm in now and I'm really not happy with it. Don't think I'm badmouthing anyone, my current boss knows that I'm not happy and that she should not count on me for the long haul in this position.

So, I guess the moral of the story is that I'm in limbo. I'm still off for my tonsillectomy. Apparently, I am not healing as quickly as I should be. The doctor said I needed to take at least another two weeks off. I guess I shouldn't have thought my sister was crazy when she said I'd probably be off for six weeks!

You'd think I would put this time to good use. Cleaning out my house, sorting through all that stuff that I just had to have at one time, only to find out that I really don't need it and it's just cluttering up my place. I have a lot of that kind of stuff! But, alas, I'm not. I am procrastinating. I'm really good at that! I just wish someone would come to my house and tell me what to do! I find all sorts of other things to do. I mean really, I can't ignore my boyfriend. Have I told you about him?

In case I haven't, or you've forgotten, his name is TiVo. He's the best. He has the stuff I like waiting on me when I get home. He's just fabulous! I can't really ignore him when I'm home all day long, can I? I don't want him to feel left out, or forgotten. I mean, really, he just might get mad at me. One day, I might come home and there'd be no Young and the Restless. Where would I be then? I'd have to sit up until midnight and watch it on SoapNet. Where would I be then? Seriously? If I'm up at midnight, it better be for something other than the Newman's! So, to keep TiVo happy, I pay as much attention to him as I can. Relationships are a two-way street, right?

Now, in case you haven't heard enough of my ramblings, I have to tell you about some new friends I've made. The Salinger's. Do you know them, Charlie, Bailey, Julia, Claudia and Owen? They're all pretty great. I don't know Owen that well. He doesn't talk very much. But, the rest of them are pretty great. There's also Kirsten, she's their Nanny and Charlie's girlfriend. But, you may have gotten to know them in the 90's. Me, for whatever reason, it's taken more than a decade and Comcast OnDemand for me to get to know them. This was a pretty good show, but would the San Francisco DCS really just leave them alone to live their own lives? What does that say about that system? Yes, I know, it was scripted, it's not a reality show. But, they needed stability. I guess Charlie and Kirsten provided that. Charlie is currently thinking of moving the family to Seattle. I'm on the edge of my seat here, does he go? No one is going with him, so I can't see him leaving them alone. But, it's pretty good money and we all know they need it!

Yes, I have way too much time on my hands. I've been off work for two and a half weeks! I had to entertain myself somehow! Talk to me soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment