Sunday, February 21, 2010

It's just me

Hello, I doubt anyone reads this, so I guess I am talking to myself. But, I'll keep on since I'm such great company. I am currently off from work for a bit. I have to have some tests ran and they think I might have something called Crone's Disease. I don't know a lot about it, but from what I hear, I do not want it. I'm hopeful that it's all just a big mix-up. If not, I guess I'll have to adjust my lifestyle and try to figure out where to go from here.

I reconnected with someone from my past this week and she and I had an amazing friendship growing up. We were from different parts of the state, but we had family that lived next door to each other and that is how we met. Well, to be honest, their farms were across the street from each other! Now we were both city girls, but I loved being able to go spend time with my Great Aunt. For one, because I loved her so much and two, my friend may be at her Grannie's for the same "vacation."

For one reason, or another, we grew apart. It's not as easy to be 18 as it is 8. But, I've thought about her many times over the years and we have kept in contact through her Grannie. But, she passed away this weekend. At the funeral, we were able to speak and I hope that I have this old friend back in my life for good. We still live in different parts of the state, but since I'm old enough to find my way there and back, I'm hopeful this is the beginning of the middle of our friendship. (We've already had the beginning, remember?) This lady and her sister are two of the strongest women I know. They have had to endure so much in their short lives, I don't know how I would have been able to make it through all the obstacles they have had placed in front of them. You are both a tremendous role model for your children. I know, I'm talking to them like they might read this. Who knows, maybe they'll get really bored one day and check it out.

Now, for the funny part of this as you all know, my nephew called me a sweet name when he was little. It was cute and it just stuck with some people. Now, I haven't seen or talked to my new old friend directly in at least ten years or more. As an adult, she has the same nickname as me! We had some fantastic times and some sad ones as well. The point I'm trying to make here is that you should stay in contact with as many friends as you can. Once you get older, you'll realize that you need them in your life. Whether it is for a hug, a night on the town or just a conversation.

Ok, I'm done now. I'll talk to you soon. Hugs, love and kisses...

No comments:

Post a Comment